Skip Navigation
Home    News    Meet the new administrators: Calapooia Assistant Principal George Sanchez

Meet the new administrators: Calapooia Assistant Principal George Sanchez

Posted on: August 7, 2017

Welcome, Calapooia Middle School Assistant Principal George Sanchez.

“I am very excited about this new assignment and the new challenges it will bring to my personal and professional life.

I am the product of a Mexican migrant family. Being the youngest of nine and bicultural has led me to experience many struggles. As a struggling learner I lacked self confidence and self esteem. However, I overcome the struggles because of a strong support structure and lot’s of grit.

My professional journey in education began soon after High school. Twenty-five years ago I started my career as a classified support staff, transitioning to licensed teacher and now assistant principal of Calapooia Middle School, all the while going to school in the evenings.

My life experiences have taught me the importance of a growth mindset and being a lifelong learner. I am excited to bring my lifelong learning, my passion, my heart and caring nature to the Albany School District and community. I will be a servant leader working with an outstanding qualified staff that have the same passion for students, together working with one goal in mind, that every student in our care is prepared for their next step in education and life.”