Closed Captioning for audio and video shared by the district is available by taking the following steps:
- Visit https://webcaptioner.com/captioner
- Click the “Start Captioning” button in the bottom right corner of the page (Pic).
- Open live or load prerecorded audio or video.
- Play the audio or video over your computer’s speakers and closed captioning will begin in the webcaptioner window. The sound must be audible and loud enough to be accurately transcribed.
- For a transcript of the audio or video captions, click the three dots on the bottom right corner of the webcaptioner page and then select the “Save Transcript” option to download the file to your computer (Pic).
Tip: Open the Closed Captioning page separate from the audio or video. You can resize the windows and place the captions under the audio or video as it plays.
Closed Captions are also automatically generated for most Facebook and YouTube videos after they are complete.