The Communications Department is dedicated to providing district communication that follows the GAPS mission. Together we will build bridges to lifelong learning through our media platforms and communication practices.
Community Engagement Administrative Assistant
What is ParentSquare?
Greater Albany Public Schools uses ParentSquare as our communication tool to connect parents with our school communities. Parents can find announcements, district updates, news, events, smart alerts, and more in one location.
This communication platform is available as a website portal and an app for Android or IOS, meaning you can access school notifications from anywhere! Announcements and messages can be sent via email, text message, voice message, or app notifications. You can set your preferred method of communication once an account is created.
Teachers will begin using ParentSquare for classroom communication in November 2021. Office Managers, Administrators, and District Staff are already using this program for parent communication.
What to Know
- Parents/guardians will automatically be added to ParentSquare with contact information provided at school registration (email and phone). Activating an account will allow access to all setting changes.
- Emergency alerts will always be sent by text or phone call.
- Community Flyers will be accessible through ParentSquare.
What You Can Do in ParentSquare
- Receive district updates and messages from your child’s school via email, text, or app notifications.
- Choose a delivery method (instant or digest) to receive messages immediately or all at once at 6pm daily.
- Communicate in your preferred language.
- Like or comment on school postings to engage with your school community.
- Participate in group messages or 1:1 direct messaging to your child’s teacher.
- Have direct access to your child’s school directory and calendar.
This quarterly newsletter is to provide our community with news, updates, and stories relating to GAPS.
If you have a story to share in the upcoming newsletter, please contact Emily Elliott (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram @GreaterAlbanyPublicSchools for community news!