The Communications Department is dedicated to providing district communication which follows the mission of GAPS. Together, our team will build bridges to lifelong learning through media platforms and communication practices.
Community Engagement Administrative Assistant
Greater Albany Public Schools uses ParentSquare as our communication tool to connect parents with our school communities. Parents can find announcements, district updates, news, events, smart alerts, and more in one location.
This communication platform is available as a website portal and an app for Android or iOS, meaning parents and guardians can access school notifications from anywhere. Announcements and messages can be sent via email, text message, voice message, or app notifications. Users may set preferred communication methods once an account is created.
Teachers began using ParentSquare for classroom communication in November 2021. Office Managers, Administrators, and District Staff are already using this program for parent communication.
What to Know
- Parents and guardians will automatically be added to ParentSquare with contact information provided at school registration (email and phone). Activating an account will allow access to all setting changes.
- Emergency alerts will always be sent by text or phone call.
- Community flyers will be accessible through ParentSquare.
What You Can Do in ParentSquare
- Receive district updates and messages from your student’s school via email, text, or app notifications.
- Choose a delivery method (instant or digest) to receive messages immediately or all at once at 6 p.m. daily.
- Communicate in your preferred language.
- Like or comment on school postings to engage with your school community.
- Participate in group messages or 1:1 direct messaging to your student’s teacher.
- Have direct access to your student’s school directory and calendar.