➡ Solicitud para ser miembro de la Mesa Directiva: Clic AQUÍ
♦ On August 19, Pat Eastman was voted and sworn onto the school board with a 3-1 vote.
♦ On August 15, the board was to select one of the candidates to serve on the board, but were tied 2-2 on two of them: Patrick Eastman, a retired business manager; and Justin Roach, head of a masters teaching program at OSU.
♦ During the August 5 work session, the board narrowed the eight applicants to four candidates.
Position: School Board Member At-Large No. 2.
Term of appointment: August 19, 2019 to June 30, 2021
For school board member application, please Click HERE.
SCHOOL BOARD members are dedicated volunteers who champion for public education in their communities. Board members attend two to three board meetings, retreats, and other board obligations, per month, typically on Mondays. The most important responsibility of the school board is to work with the public to improve student achievement in their local schools. Their duties include but are not limited to:
- Employing the superintendent,
- Developing and adopting policies, curriculum, and the budget,
- Overseeing facilities issues, and
- Adopting collective bargaining agreements.
To be eligible for appointment, the candidate must
- Have lived in the district at least 12 months prior to appointment,
- Not be an officer or employee of the district,
- Be a registered voter in the GAPS boundary, and
- Be 18 years of age.
The Board will select the appointee with the following qualities:
- The candidate should have personal integrity, intelligence, and appreciate the values of good education.
- The candidate should be willing and capable of assuming the required responsibilities.
- The candidate should have the ability to work with others and be a champion of all our district schools.
- The candidate should be prepared and willing to devote significant time to the study of the problems of education in the district, as well as the state and nation at large, so as to be able to interpret them to the electorate.
- The candidate must be willing and able to make sacrifices of their time and expertise for the benefit of the district.
Timeline and Procedure
The following is the timeline for selection:
- August 5 – School board will review applications and select finalist candidates.
- August 12–14 – Candidates will be notified by e-mail.
- August 15 – Finalist candidates will be interviewed in Special Board Meeting and board member will be selected by vote.
- August 19 – New board member will be sworn in during the Regular Board Meeting.
All meetings are open to the public.
- Read background information, appointment requirements, and timeline and procedures,
- Complete application form including references and essay questions, and
- Submit application, references, and essay questions by July 19, 2019.
Submit Application, References, and Essay Question Responses
Greater Albany Public Schools
Attn: Chris Green
718 Seventh Avenue SW
Albany, OR 97321
Application, References and Essay Question Responses Due
July 19, 2019
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact Chris Green at (541) 967-4511 or email@example.com.
For application, please Click HERE.