The bond project for South Albany High School included the development of a new multi-purpose/auxiliary gym, theater upgrades, the renovation for CTE classrooms, plus the development of new CTE spaces. The theater upgrades supported the construction of a lobby, concessions, elevator addition, and a restroom expansion. Also included HVAC renovations of Buildings 1 & 6, air handler modifications, and additions to the buildings for better comfort and energy efficiency. Construction was completed in March 2020 with just over $16 million spent on the projects.
South Albany Ribbon Cutting Ceremony and Virtual Tour (April 8, 2021)
• Prepared final Change Order 15 to adjust contract amount which returns unused contract
contingency and allowances to the District
• Rescheduled mockup with Gerding Builders to address roof cricket issues over Building 10
• Scheduled cooling equipment and roof curb installation for April to provide cooling for
Building 10 network closet that was missed in the original building design
• Reviewed printed versions of Operation and Maintenance Manuals by Gerding Builders
• This will be the last End of Month Report (March 2021)
Activities Scheduled For Next Period
• Final pay application and retention release
• 11-month warranty walk for Buildings 4 and 10
|SCHEDULE & KEY MILESTONES||START||COMPLETION||% CPL|
|Pre-Design & Schematics||
|Bid and Award||04/16/18||05/21/18||100%|
|Construction Documents (Revised)||07/10/18||11/01/18||100%|
|Bid and Award||10/24/18||12/10/18||100%|
|Post Occupancy Evaluation||04/06/21||05/08/21||0%|
|Warranty Periods||11/19 – 05/20||11/20-05/21||82-100%|
Initial Design Drawings and Renderings
Click HERE for initial design drawings.
Click HERE for photo-realistic design renderings.