The bond project for South Albany High School included the development of a new multi-purpose/auxiliary gym, theater upgrades, the renovation for CTE classrooms, plus the development of new CTE spaces. The theater upgrades supported the construction of a lobby, concessions, elevator addition, and a restroom expansion. Also included HVAC renovations of Buildings 1 & 6, air handler modifications, and additions to the buildings for better comfort and energy efficiency. Construction was completed in March 2020 with just over $16 million spent on the projects.
A fire (original statement & update) in the construction area on December 10, 2019 and subsequent cleanup and restoration impacted progress. See below for more details.
South Albany Ribbon Cutting Ceremony and Virtual Tour (April 8, 2021)
HMK Feature Video
• Prepared final Change Order 15 to adjust contract amount which returns unused contract
contingency and allowances to the District
• Rescheduled mockup with Gerding Builders to address roof cricket issues over Building 10
• Scheduled cooling equipment and roof curb installation for April to provide cooling for
Building 10 network closet that was missed in the original building design
• Reviewed printed versions of Operation and Maintenance Manuals by Gerding Builders
• This will be the last End of Month Report (March 2021)
Activities Scheduled For Next Period
• Final pay application and retention release
• 11-month warranty walk for Buildings 4 and 10
|SCHEDULE & KEY MILESTONES||START||COMPLETION||% CPL|
|Pre-Design & Schematics||
|Bid and Award||04/16/18||05/21/18||100%|
|Construction Documents (Revised)||07/10/18||11/01/18||100%|
|Bid and Award||10/24/18||12/10/18||100%|
|Post Occupancy Evaluation||04/06/21||05/08/21||0%|
|Warranty Periods||11/19 – 05/20||11/20-05/21||82-100%|
Initial Design Drawings and Renderings
Click HERE for initial design drawings.
Click HERE for photo-realistic design renderings.