Kindergarten Orientation and Enrollment
Kindergarten Orientation & Enrollment is Tuesday, May 1. Children who will be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2018 are eligible to enroll in kindergarten at the school in their boundary area. During orientation & enrollment, you will learn about kindergarten, online registration, and pick up an enrollment packet. Enrollment forms are due back to the school by May 15, 2018. See the schedule for information about the school your child will attend.
To begin the enrollment process for your child, please bring the following:
1. Proof of Age (Birth Certificate, Hospital Certificate, Baptismal Certificate)
2. Proof of Immunization (Completed Oregon Certificate of Immunization, Immunization Record printed from physicians office, Immunization Record Card signed by medical professional)
Kindergarten should be a good experience for students and a positive introduction to school. Students do best when they are prepared socially and academically to start school.
Help your child succeed in school with these kindergarten readiness tips and resources.
If you have questions about kindergarten, please contact Emily Valdez, 541-967-4517.
- Read to your child. This is one of the most important activities for academic success, improving attention spans and learning early reading skills.
- Provide opportunities to be away from you. Activities such as organized sports, day camps and play groups will help them develop social independence and a sense of safety and confidence during the separation from you at school.
- Be sure your child gets enough sleep. Young children need at least 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep for the brain to shift learning into memory. Even a small amount of sleep can affect school performance, which is often exhibited as hyperactivity.