Kindergarten Orientation and Enrollment
Kindergarten Orientation & Enrollment will be held in early May. Per Board policy, a student will be admitted to kindergarten at the school in their boundary area if his/her fifth birthday occurs on or before September 1, or is a kindergarten student transferring from a public school in another district. During orientation & enrollment, you will learn about kindergarten, online registration, and pick up an enrollment packet. Enrollment forms will be due back to the school by mid-May. Orientation and enrollment schedules and times for all elementary schools will be posted in the spring.
To begin the enrollment process for your child, please bring the following:
1. Proof of Age (Birth Certificate, Hospital Certificate, Baptismal Certificate)
2. Proof of Immunization (Completed Oregon Certificate of Immunization, Immunization Record printed from physicians office, Immunization Record Card signed by a medical professional)
Kindergarten should be a good experience for students and a positive introduction to school. Students do best when they are prepared socially and academically to start school. Help your child succeed in school with these kindergarten readiness tips and resources.
- Read to your child. This is one of the most important activities for academic success, improving attention spans and learning early reading skills.
- Provide opportunities to be away from you. Activities such as organized sports, day camps and play groups will help them develop social independence and a sense of safety and confidence during the separation from you at school.
- Be sure your child gets enough sleep. Young children need at least 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep for the brain to shift learning into memory. Even a small amount of sleep can affect school performance, which is often exhibited as hyperactivity.