Construction of the modular classroom building at Lafayette Elementary school is on track and near completion.
- Roofing and siding are complete minus some trim work at the north end of the building.
- Sidewalks are in and landscaping of the drainage swale is nearly complete. The swale will be surrounded by fencing. Poles for the fencing have been installed.
- The campus will have an expanded driveway system. Paving will begin on Wednesday.
- The classrooms are nearly ready. Walls have been plastered and painted, cabinets, carpeting and lighting have been installed. Sinks have been installed but are not yet connected to water and drains.
- Work is progressing in the commons room. Some carpeting has been installed and lighting and intercoms systems are being installed.
- Framing of the covered walkway is ongoing.