2020-21 KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION INFORMATION WILL BE POSTED AT A LATER DATE.
You can register your kindergarten student for the 19-20 school year at your neighborhood school. Please see 2019-20 school registration dates/times (click HERE) for detailed information.
Per Board policy, a student will be admitted to kindergarten at the school in their boundary area if his/her fifth birthday occurs on or before September 1, or is a kindergarten student transferring from a public school in another district.
To begin the enrollment process for your child, please bring the following:
1. Proof of Age (Birth Certificate, Hospital Certificate, Baptismal Certificate, Immunization Record printed directly from physician’s office with student’s legal name and date of birth, Immunization Record printed from ALERT Immunization Information System)
2. Proof of Immunization (Completed Oregon Certificate of Immunization form signed by parent/guardian, Immunization Record printed from ALERT Immunization Information System by the clinic.)
Kindergarten should be a good experience for students and a positive introduction to school. Students do best when they are prepared socially and academically to start school. Help your child succeed in school with these kindergarten readiness tips and resources.
- Read to your child. This is one of the most important activities for academic success, improving attention spans and learning early reading skills.
- Provide opportunities to be away from you. Activities such as organized sports, day camps and play groups will help them develop social independence and a sense of safety and confidence during the separation from you at school.
- Be sure your child gets enough sleep. Young children need at least 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep for the brain to shift learning into memory. Even a small amount of sleep can affect school performance, which is often exhibited as hyperactivity.